Vs > Lake Hawea
Dar Es Salaam vs Lake Hawea Climate & Distance Between
Dar Es Salaam vs Suphan Buri, Thailand
Dar Es Salaam vs Ny-Alesund, Norway
Dar Es Salaam vs Kafironda, Zambia
Dar Es Salaam vs Golconda, Nv, Usa
Lake Hawea vs Lastourville, Gabon
Lake Hawea vs Malye Karmakuly, Novaya Zemlya, Russia
Lake Hawea vs Cerdyn’, Russia
Lake Hawea vs Helena, Mt, Usa
Cluj vs Oconto, Wi
Port Blair vs Portage, Wi
Nueva Asuncion, Boqueron vs Acarigua
Levin Maf vs Prizzi
- The distance between Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania and Lake Hawea, New Zealand is approximately 12,429 km or 7,723 mi.
- To reach Dar Es Salaam in this distance one would set out from Lake Hawea bearing 234.9° or SW and follow the great circles arc to approach Dar Es Salaam bearing 324.1° or NW .
- Dar Es Salaam has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with dry winters (Aw) whereas Lake Hawea has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Dar Es Salaam is in or near the tropical dry forest biome whereas Lake Hawea is in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 15.4 °C (27.8°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8.2 °C (14.8°F) less in Dar Es Salaam. The continentality subtype is truly hyperoceanic as opposed to truly oceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 383.9 mm (15.1 in) more which is equivalent to 383.9 l/m² (9.42 US gal/ft²) or 3,839,000 l/ha (410,415 US gal/ac) more. About 1 1/2 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 29° higher in Dar Es Salaam than in Lake Hawea.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Dar Es Salaam relative to Lake Hawea. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Lake Hawea vs Dar Es Salaam
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -20 (-1)
|| -34 (-1)
|| -42 (-2)
|| -46 (-2)
|| -7 (0)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (Â°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Dar Es Salaam vs Podor, Senegal
Dar Es Salaam vs Topeka, Ks, Usa
Dar Es Salaam vs La Mesa, Honduras
Dar Es Salaam vs Yamagata, Japan
Lake Hawea vs Legaspi, Philippines
Lake Hawea vs Houma, La, Usa
Lake Hawea vs Hita, Japan
Lake Hawea vs Seoul, South Korea
La Paz vs Aayanbulag
Cordeiro vs Winslow, Az
Tarapoto vs Tirios
Dillon, Mt vs Deir Ezzor
Dar Es Salaam vs Lake Hawea Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Dar Es Salaam
- Nairobi, Kenya - 676 kms (420 miles) NNW
- Dagoretti, Kenya - 675.2 kms (419.6 miles) NNW
- Arusha, Tanzania - 486 kms (302 miles) NW
- Moshi, Tanzania - 442.3 kms (274.9 miles) NNW
- Same, Tanzania - 350.3 kms (217.7 miles) NNW
- Tanga, Tanzania - 198.8 kms (123.6 miles) N
- Tabora, Tanzania - 731.5 kms (454.5 miles) WNW
- Dodoma, Tanzania - 387.2 kms (240.6 miles) WNW
- Mbeya, Tanzania - 671.9 kms (417.6 miles) WSW
- Chitipa, Malawi - 724.8 kms (450.4 miles) WSW
- Karonga, Malawi - 677.9 kms (421.2 miles) WSW
- Songea, Tanzania - 581.4 kms (361.3 miles) SW
- Mzuzu, Malawi - 763.8 kms (474.6 miles) SW
- Nkhata Bay, Malawi - 752.4 kms (467.5 miles) SW
Climate Guides for Locations near Lake Hawea